[HECnet] Adding my node

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Mon Mar 31 08:41:55 PDT 2008

Bob Armstrong skrev:
Johnny Billquist wrote:
Obviously I can, but there might be people a bit closer than Uppsala, Sweden. :-)
John Floren skrev:
Hi everyone
I'm located in the San Francisco, CA area and would like to add my VMS
node to HECnet. I'm looking for someone relatively close that would be
willing to bridge DECnet to me and help walk me through setting up the
configuration on my end.
Thanks
  I don't think it matters so much where anybody lives, unless you need some "hands on" help of some kind.

Depend on what you mean by "matters". Sure, in a way it will work the same no matter where we are physically located, but on the other hand, especially with my bridge program, it makes some sense to have a connection to someone who topologically isn't too far away, since it introduces time lags.

So I suggested John should ask if there was someone a bit closer than me that he could connect to. And this is with my bridge program.

email: bqt at update.uu.se                     ||   Reading murder books