[HECnet] Adding my node

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 02:49:48 PDT 2008

On 3/30/08, Bob Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:
I have UCX on both of them; I use LOKI by far the most.

  If you were willing to switch to Multinet (which has a free hobbyist license _and_ is a lot better than UCX) you'd be all set to connect.

I am willing to switch to Multinet, I'd just like to know why I
should. Considering that my current configuration uses only outgoing
ssh, FTP, and a little HTTP, I don't put much load on my TCP/IP
software.

Quick question--LOKI already has DECnet-Plus installed, that will work
for HECnet, right? As I understand it, DECnet-Plus is backwards
compatible with Phase IV?

  It's supposed to be, but I don't know anyone on HECnet who is actually using it.   Many/most HECnet nodes are rather old and can barely manage Phase-IV :-)

Bob

--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn