[HECnet] Adding my node

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Mar 31 02:42:56 PDT 2008

I have UCX on both of them; I use LOKI by far the most.

  If you were willing to switch to Multinet (which has a free hobbyist license _and_ is a lot better than UCX) you'd be all set to connect.

Quick question--LOKI already has DECnet-Plus installed, that will work
for HECnet, right? As I understand it, DECnet-Plus is backwards
compatible with Phase IV?

  It's supposed to be, but I don't know anyone on HECnet who is actually using it.   Many/most HECnet nodes are rather old and can barely manage Phase-IV :-)

Bob