[HECnet] DECNet Phase V -> HECNet ?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Oct 8 19:04:20 PDT 2008

Is it possible to join HECNet with a DECNet Phase V rig?

I'm not currently on HECnet due to problems on my end.   My Area Router
PDXVAX has always run Multinet and DECnet Phase IV.   However MONK originally
ran DECnet Phase V before I *upgraded* it to Phase IV.   He should simply be
able to connect with a UNIX box running Johnny's bridge program.   Though
with Phase V he might have some difficulty talking to some non-VMS systems
(it has been a long time, but I'm pretty sure that's why I upgraded to Phase
IV).

I believe DECnet Phase V supports DECnet over IP, but I don't know if he'd
be able to use this to connect into HECnet.

Zane