[HECnet] DECNet Phase V -> HECNet ?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Oct 8 18:54:06 PDT 2008

Certainly.
Several have done so.
However, I think almost all have switched back to phase IV after a while, since phase V just makes things much more difficult, while not really gaining anything.

However, without using Multinet, he'll have to use my bridge program to get connected.

	Johnny

Fred wrote:
Good afternoon:
An associate of mine and I were talking OpenVMS about a week ago, and I mentioned this hobbyist DECNet I was on.   He never heard of such a thing, and wondered if he would be able to get on with his DECNet Phase V set-up. From what I understand, his address is static.     He frowned at me when I told him I was running MultiNet - I guess he likes TCP/IP Services ... ;) (to each his own of cours, I have no preference and installed what was needed to get on HECNet with my set-up).
Is it possible to join HECNet with a DECNet Phase V rig?
He's in the Columbus Ohio area.
Cheers,
Fred
----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.