[HECnet] Need help with DECnet routing

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Mon Apr 6 17:24:41 PDT 2009

LULU, on the other hand, can only connect to DUSTY. It can't connect to
LEGATO.
  Hmm.   What makes you think this?   I ask because LEGATO can connect to LULU
(I just tried it a minute ago), so it is working at least one way.

That is strange... I saw your connection attempt, but my attempts to contact LEGATO don't work as well:

$ set host legato
%SYSTEM-F-UNREACHABLE, remote node is not currently reachable

When I look in NCP, I see something that doesn't look right.

NCP>show node legato

Node Volatile Summary as of   6-APR-2009 12:06:19

      Node                     State           Active   Delay     Circuit         Next node
                                                          Links

2.1 (LEGATO)                                                                 SVA-0                   0

I would expect that the next node should be 2.210 (DUSTY), but it doesn't know how to get there.

--Marc