[HECnet] LEGATO changed to CODA

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Aug 17 22:56:57 PDT 2009

  I've transferred all the Multinet connections from LEGATO (2.1) to CODA
(2.7).

  LEGATO is being retired - even though it's a fairly fast VAX as VAXes go,
it's just not fast enough to keep with all the SPAM that I receive every
day.   CODA is an AlphaServer, a DS20E, and a couple thousand SPAMs barely
even budge the CPU utilization numbers :-)

  This shouldn't cause any problems for anybody - the general HECnet
connectivity is unaffected by this change, but I thought I'd mention it just
in case someone notices.

Bob