[HECnet] RRD40 / Infoserver 100 CDROM Caddy

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Tue Dec 8 11:28:56 PST 2009

Zane is correct - I need the pronged 2-piece-slide-out-of-the-holder type caddy, which I've been unable to locate.

I have an external CD ROM drive that works with my other VAXes, so I will try plugging that in to the infoserver to see if I can restore the software that way.   However, my interest is to try to keep my hardware as close to original as possible - that's why I would like a caddy if possible.

Internally, the RRD40 drive has some sort of low-pin-count connector going to another circuit board inside the infoserver.   That board has a SCSI connector which connects to the SCSI bus.   If I replaced the drive, I would probably have to remove the adapter board.

Thanks everyone.

Ian.