[HECnet] RRD40 / Infoserver 100 CDROM Caddy

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 8 11:37:10 PST 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Ian McLaughlin wrote:

Zane is correct - I need the pronged 2-piece-slide-out-of-the-holder type
caddy, which I've been unable to locate.
I have an external CD ROM drive that works with my other VAXes, so I will
try plugging that in to the infoserver to see if I can restore the software
that way.   However, my interest is to try to keep my hardware as close to
original as possible - that's why I would like a caddy if possible.

I can understand this "problem", it's why I still have any of the drives
myself.   I hate them, but like keeping my VS3100 in an "authentic" config. I even have two of the 3100 era 2 HD expansion chassis for it.

Zane