[HECnet] What use are *you* making of HECnet?

Fred fcoffey at misernet.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 24 14:40:37 PST 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Steve Davidson wrote:

I was wondering what use everyone is making of HECnet.   My environment
(DECnet area 19) has just come up.   Johnny and I have done simple tests and
everything that we have tried so far seems to work quite well.

I enjoyed the HECNet Notes conference on MONK:: while it was up (I'd love to host that myself, or see if someone else could pick that up - I'm *this* close to hooking up my Alpha, MISER to a battery).

I also know some other folks have demo/guest accounts set up on their systems, and of course like a bone-head I forgot to save some of them when they came across the list.   I probably should dig in the mailman archives for them.     Once I reorganize my home office I also have a VAXStation 4000/90A I'd like to get on HECNet as well as someday perhaps being able to acquire one of those Itaniums I see on eBay that go for cheap occasionally.

Cheers,

Fred
Northern Ohio, USA

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.