[HECnet] Zaphod down for a few days

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Wed Jul 1 19:03:29 PDT 2009

Sampsa Laine wrote:
Got any documentation for this API?
Ideally I'd want to somehow "hook" into the MAIL application in the same way as TCP/IP does, i.e. to send an smtp message you prepend SMTP% to the recipient, I would love to be able to use an address like:
      FIDO%"John Q Public at 1:123/4.5"

The Callable MAIL API is, IMO, not for the faint-hearted. In any case, the foreign mail interface (that allows for XYZ% addressing) isn't documented. Examples can be found in some old mail software that came with source, which I can no longer remember. Even so, it's still unpleasant.

In all seriousness, I think it'd be easier to write a PMDF channel program and interface it through the PMDF Internet e-mail software (available for hobbyists from Process Software). At least that interface is documented with examples. :-)

--Marc