[HECnet] Zaphod down for a few days

bob at jfcl.com bob at jfcl.com
Wed Jul 1 18:58:17 PDT 2009

Got any documentation for this API?

  $ help mail_routines

  It's also in the gray (or orange) wall, of course.

Ideally I'd want to somehow "hook" into the MAIL application in the

  All I can say is that there's a documented path for doing this - there's
\nothing special about SMTP in this regard.   It's called a "foreign transport
protocol" or something like that.   You need to write a library with
the appropriate entry points (this is where the documentation comes in
handy), call it FIDO_MAILSHR, and install it.   If you do the right
stuff, VMSMAIL will recognize the FIDO%"..." address and call your
library.   Couldn't be easier :-)

BOb