[HECnet] CODA replaced by CHARON

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Wed Nov 4 13:23:40 PST 2009

What did you do to get the extra static IP's... is this a Business Class FiOS
or the standard one...

It's business class... it has to be in order to get the static IP addresses at all (or at least that's what I was told).

As far as getting the extra ones, it was simply provisioned as part of my original installation order. Perhaps back then they didn't charge extra for a block of 5 addresses like they do now. The representative with whom I had spoken recently couldn't explain why I wasn't being charged for the extra addresses.

In any case, I'd like to upgrade to 25/15 Mbps as that's only $10/month more, but I'd also start incurring an extra $20/month charge for the 5 static IP addresses. Worse, if I do that, I was told that I'd lose my existing addresses and be assigned new addresses as part of this process. That's a lot more trouble than it's worth to me at this point.

--Marc