[HECnet] CODA replaced by CHARON

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Nov 3 16:34:27 PST 2009

On 4 Nov 2009, at 00:24, Gregg Levine wrote:

Hello!
Typically 1.5M one way and 768K the other. AT&T keeps mucking up the
figures so I can't get a straight answer out of them.

I ended up sticking with AT&T (Who was my dialup service provider)
when those clowns at Verizon couldn't give me a straight answer at
all. This is before FIOS of course......

That's what I'd heard, that's not great. Any idea when FiOS will be available? I suppose this gives me some time to line up visas and sell my flat, always did want to live in NYC...

I have a reasonably ropey DSL here (wires provided by BT, IP service by Be Unlimited, which is really O2, which is really Telefonica) and I get 14-16 down, 2-2.5 up / line - got so fed up with the "low" speeds I got two lines and a load balancing router.

Sampsa