[HECnet] Alpha emulation?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Nov 1 10:57:39 PST 2009

Question - is "auto eth1" the right thing to do

  I guess I can answer my own question - if you don't have the "auto" then
the "pre-up" to configure the MAC never gets invoked....

  I tried this suggestion, and unfortunately it doesn't fix anything.   Eth1
did indeed get pre-configured with the right DECnet MAC before Charon
started, but it made no difference.

  I did notice this additional symptom, though -

	[On the Charon-AXP-nce emulated OVMS system]
	$ mcr ncp show act cir count
	Circuit = EWA-0
                  12   Unrecognized frame destination

That looks like an Ethernet MAC problem, but I've no idea what's causing it.

Bob