[HECnet] RHESUS is (finally) up again

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Oct 27 19:19:32 PDT 2009

Guys,

Heads up again, RHESUS is coming back online as I write this, I'd set the sysboot flags to conversational, can't recall why but oh well. This led to me needing to connect to the console on RHESUS by serial cable, which didn't work from my laptop.

I figured my Keyspan USB-serial adapter had finally given up the ghost so wired a null-modem between CHIMPY and RHESUS - discovered it was the idiotic ginormous-DB25-to-3xDB9-dongle-thing had fallen out of RHESUS, yet again. God that is the stupidest cable I've ever seen.

Sampsa