[HECnet] Next retro comms project?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Oct 21 15:06:41 PDT 2009

Well I know what I'm doing with my SE/30 and Quadra 650 in the next few weeks :)

On 21 Oct 2009, at 15:05, Christine Caulfield wrote:

On 21/10/09 14:41, Sampsa Laine wrote:
More ideas I just thought of:

Amiga - I've got a DECNET package here for my Amiga, unfortunately the
license key only works with one node address - and I naturally have no
idea what that address is. I'll have a play once my Amiga is up and
running again though, the product looks pretty full-featured (comes with
MAIL, CTERM and file transfer client and server).

Old-school (68K) Macs: I don't know where I got this idea but I think
there might be a PATHWORKS client for classic Macs? Anybody ever use it?

There certainly did use to be a PATHWORKs for 68K macs, we used it at the place I worked many moons ago. I didn't get to use it much myself ... we only had one mac in the department and it was jealously guarded by it's 'owner'. I do remember it being very stange and highly unreliable though. Oh hang on, of course, it was PATHWORKS ;-)

Chrissie