[HECnet] E11 and modules for peripherals other then the usual PC ones

Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:40:18 PDT 2009

Hello!
According to the manuals for E11, it now can be configured to communicate
with peripherals other then the usual things that the PC normally wears.

I am planning a peripheral who has the address of &H300 on the PC, according
to my manuals for the PC, that's the address of the prototype board for
them.
I would like to write a module for E11 so that anything who writes to an
appropriate location matching one of the PDP11's own gizmos for data
communications other then the typical printer (parallel, serial), serial
port for terminal, would have its output sent to this peripheral.

I am asking here, since I saw an interesting post from John Wilson earlier
this week. My next step would be to repeat this question on the newsgroups
for the PDP11. And of course I will be reading and if necessary re-reading
the documentation for the E11.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude messages in English in the
Moscow subway."