[HECnet] SMTP gateways to HECnet (again)!

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Oct 20 17:10:17 PDT 2009

  Ok, in response to popular demand I have restored the original
MAIL11<->SMTP gateway that used to be on LEGATO.

  To send SMTP mail out from HECnet, just address it to
CODA::SMTP%"some-user at some-internet-domain.com".

  To send SMTP mail into HECnet, address it to "user at node.mail11.jfcl.com"
where "user" and "node" are your DECnet node name and the user name on your
local machine.

  If everything is working correctly, the return addresses should be written
such that it's possible to reply in either direction to a message originated
on either side.

  As before, I've exempted all DECnet mail from any SPAM filtering, so try
not to put this address on any web pages or sign up for any mailing lists
with it.   If you do, I'm just going to start forwarding all my SPAM to you
:-)

Bob