[HECnet] LATCP confusion

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sat Oct 3 19:34:27 PDT 2009

Guys,

I'm trying to set up an incoming LAT service on CHIMPY called SAMPSACOM, i.e. I want to be able to connect to a service called SAMPSACOM over LAT and this connection is then routed to port LTA101: - I will have an app on CHIMPY that waits for connections on LTA101.

I've done this:

lcp:==mcr latcp

lcp create port lta101: /dedicated

lcp set port lta101: /dedicated /service=sampsacom

Now what? If I try to connect to the port (via set host/dte) I get an error:

%REM-E-PORTRXERR, port receive error
-SYSTEM-F-HANGUP, data set hang-up

It doesn't show up in SHOW SERVICES and SHOW PORTS says it's inactive:

$lcp show ports *

[....]
	_LTA101:     Dedicated       Inactive             //SAMPSACOM

Any help on how to proceed would be most welcome.

Sampsa