[HECnet] "Mixed" clustering

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Sep 29 22:09:16 PDT 2009

Zane H. Healy wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:
first when you do a disk shadow copy and second when you boot a satellite over the Ethernet.
This is where I've always wanted to play with FDDI.   I'd love to boot a
MicroVAX II off of either a high end VAX or an Alpha via a FDDI link.   I'm
curious as to which would be faster.   Running the MicroVAX II off of native
disks, or over the FDDI link.

Depends on what disks and controller you have on the MVII of course...
If it's an RQDX3, then just about anything else will be faster. :-)