[HECnet] "Mixed" clustering

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Tue Sep 29 21:43:36 PDT 2009

Yes, indeed, the Qbus is definately the bottleneck here. As also if you do use SCSI disks say through a KFQSA and HSD* controller.
The KZQSA is very limited, IIRC. I'm not aware of any support for SCSI disks (except for CD drives) on it.

Kari

Zane H. Healy wrote:
That's part of what makes the idea interesting.   Of course I suspect you'd
saturate your Q-Bus backplane with it.   IIRC, the backplane can handle
roughly 3MB/s.
I suspect such a solution might be faster than a MicroVAX II with SCSI
drives.   I've not tested the theory as while PCI FDDI cards are cheap
enough, the Q-Bus ones were not the last time I checked.
Zane