[HECnet] Modest proposal: Media library - Distributed?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Fri Sep 18 14:24:06 PDT 2009

That would work quite well, let me know when it's up.

Sampsa

On 18 Sep 2009, at 14:12, Brian Hechinger wrote:

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:07:21AM +0100, Sampsa Laine wrote:
That could work but like you said needs quite a bit of designing to
work well - I would suggest that for now we maybe set up mirrors like
FTP sites do, i.e. complete copies on more than one host, this way the
bandwidth load is at least shared.

Does anyone have any objection to a private bittorrent tracker?   It would
help with the centralized management/searching/etc and if more than one
person has space to keep stuff it helps everyone overall with download
speeds.

Just a thought. :)

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of