[HECnet] Bringing Email In-House

Tim Sneddon tim.sneddon at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 5 17:29:17 PDT 2010

On 08/05/2010 11:36 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
Mark Wickens

Collective Wisdom,

I'd like to bring email from my current remote hosted IMAP server
in-house. Can anyone provide guidance on solutions? I'd like access from
standard email clients but would also like to be able to ssh into a
local box and read mail via a character terminal.

I have an OpenVMS and Linux server available to serve.

Thanks, Mark.

Mark,

I would go with the Linux platform.   As much as I prefer VMS over Linux let's
face it, you will find more support for the Linux platform in this space.

I would disagree on this point.   If this is a hobbyist effort, then PMDF
from Process Software is certainly free and feature rich.   It can be
found at:

      www.process.com

Tim.