[HECnet] TAP, SIMH and Solaris

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jul 29 20:53:59 PDT 2010

Brian Hechinger wrote:
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 09:08:45PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
But in theory, it's not that tricky. You need to know how to do NAT   under Solaris, and you need to know how to set up a virtual network (be   that with some external program, or if Solaris can bridge interfaces   together).
Yeah, which is what I'm attempting to do.   I've got two TAP interfaces
bridged together.   One SIMH talkes to, the other Solaris has an IP on.
Can't ping back and forth, however. :(

Do you have IP addresses set on both TAP interfaces? Does the Solaris bridging bridge everything or just ip? If it just bridge ip you might need to have IP addresses on both TAP interfaces for it to be happy. Check all the details you can find on how the bridge stuff works under Solaris.