[HECnet] License widgets and Hobbyists VMS

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Sun Jul 25 18:54:39 PDT 2010

On 25.7.2010 18:56, Gregg Levine wrote:
2010/7/25 Kari Uusim  ki<uusimaki at exdecfinland.org>:
On 25.7.2010 5:07, Gregg Levine wrote:

Hello!
Thought I'd insert a thought here: Friday I applied for a hobbyist
license for the release of VMS for the Alpha that I now have here. The
site responded that they've got my request, and that it would be sent
to me RSN.

The last time I tried doing that it was for the VAX, and it came back
that day. I wonder what's going on behind that site this time.

And his spam features do not like the people who try to contact the
site for assistance, or did.......

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

.

Hello,

Sometimes there seem to be issues with the licensing system at Montagar. The
guy behind the system is AFAIK doing the hobbyist maintenance in his spare
time.
I have also had to wait a couple of times for my licenses. You can send him
mail or just try the license fetching again.

Kari

Hello!
This is strange.... After the usual issues with getting the proper
authentication to enable logging into the User Group site for the User
Group number, I went ahead and told the hobbyist thing the number.

And this time after filling in the forms the data came back via return
e-mail. The first time, and even this time the site for the hobbyist
license simply said: "
Hobbyist Licensing
Your license request has been accepted. You will receive your license
via E-mail at hansolofalcon at att.net once processing has been
completed. Thanks!"

The first time, was shortly after the discussions regarding the Alpha
emulator. Nothing happened.... Now it did. It came back via return
e-mail within minutes.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

.

Hello,

Your membership number and the other details asked on the license request form should be enough to get your licenses.
I have never (in over 10 years) had to log in anyplace to get my licenses.

Kari