[HECnet] LAT question

Fred fcoffey at thrifty.misernet.net
Tue Jun 22 17:02:30 PDT 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Brian Hechinger wrote:

was wondering about the multinet thing myself.   I can't get simh its own IP address, so I would need to do port forwarding to get this to work. Is that possible?   Does the multinet tunneling stuff work over static ports or does it use dynamic ports?

Multinet uses port 700/udp.   Port forwarding works, as this is how I do it on area 33.

Also, I would want to setup the bridge as well.   Are there any direction on
setting the bridge program up to talk directly to simh?

To quote a movie "That's not my area" ... (so I won't comment) :)

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.