[HECnet] VCF UK

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Fri Jun 25 10:18:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 08:12:11AM +0100, Mark Wickens wrote:
Not sure how much interest will be generated long term, but there were a
few people who'd heard of hecnet and a few who said they'd like to get a
machine up and running on it.

Although I didn't manage to chat to you while I was there, yours was by far
my favourite stand at VCF UK. It was great to come across some VAXen in a
sea of home computers (which don't really interest me a great deal, to be
honest). I was rather amused to see two guys wondering why Unix commands
weren't working on an OpenVMS system :)

I've been subscribed to this list for years and seeing your machines has
finally given me the kick I need to dig out a VAX, reinstall OpenVMS and
get connected to HECNET.

(Resending this as I don't think my original reply got through due to using
an address not subscribed to the list).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner