[HECnet] Active node script

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun May 23 15:58:24 PDT 2010

At 8:58 AM +0100 5/23/10, Mark Wickens wrote:
There was a script running at http://www.avanthar.com:8080/nodes/ that I
used to use to get an active node list. Is that script available? I'd
like to run a script on my VAXstation that is up 24/7 and connected to
hecnet to do that or something similar.

hecnet.eu is now pointing to that box and I should have WASD configured
up shortly.

Regards, Mark

Unfortunately two things happened, one is that I lost the powersupply in that box, and I still haven't had time to either swap powersupplies, or XP1000's.   The other is that since my XP1000 and VAX are powered off I've come to realize just how much running them 24x7 was costing. :-(   I had a pretty good idea what it was costing me in electricity, and as a result had already been thinking of powering it down, but as it turns out it was even more than I realized.

The CGI in question requires Perl.   I have some data on the box in question that I need in the next month, so I need to get it back up and running.   I'll see about recovering the script as well.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com                           | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |