[HECnet] DECNet Issue - moving the system disk between two VMS boxes

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Sat May 22 10:35:56 PDT 2010

Hi all,

The list has been very quiet lately!

I've got a problem which hopefully someone can give me some clues on. I
think it's due to the fact that I've swapped a system disk between a
VAXstation 4000/60 and a VAXstation 4000/90 - and as a result the decnet
configuration is not valid. It looks like this is because the network
device name is different:

$ start/network decnet
%SYSGEN-E-NOUNLOAD, driver is not unloadable
%SYSGEN-F-DEVACTIVE, device is active
%RUN-F-CREPRC, process creation failed
-SYSTEM-F-DUPLNAM, duplicate name
%DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of MOM$SYSTEM has been superseded
%DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of MOM$SYSTEM_NOSOFTID has been
superseded
%DCL-I-SUPERSEDE, previous value of MOM$SYSTEM_SOFTID has been
superseded
%NCP-W-UNRCMP, Unrecognized component , Line
Line = SVA-0
%SYSTEM-W-NOSUCHDEV, no such device available
%NCP-W-UNRCMP, Unrecognized component , Circuit
Circuit = SVA-0

%NCP-I-NOINFO, No information in database
%RUN-F-CREPRC, process creation failed
-SYSTEM-F-DUPLNAM, duplicate name

Can someone give me some clues as where to look.

Cheers, Mark.