[HECnet] DECNet Issue - moving the system disk between two VMS boxes

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat May 22 13:03:00 PDT 2010

Mark Wickens wrote:
OK,
So in time honoured tradition I solved the problem pretty much by asking
the question.
I did a NETCONFIG and a reboot and all is fine again.

That said, what you needed to fix was basically just the line and
circuit configs.

In NCP:

SHOW KNOWN LINES
SHOW KNOWN CIRCUITS

You should see configured something that you don't have, and I think you
should also see what you do have, which have not been configured. It's
not that tricky to change the configuration parameters yourself.
Actually, there is very little you need to do. You basically needs to
set the state of the line to running, and the same for the circuit. Then
it should work. Put that in the permanent database, so it works right at
boot time.

Might be that there is one or two parameters on the circuit that you
might want to fiddle with, but that would be pretty obvious from just
starting to fool around.