[HECnet] SIMH VAX memory weirdness

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 07:49:45 PST 2010

On 29/11/10 12:04, Sampsa Laine wrote:
On 29 Nov 2010, at 11:30, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Doh!
Actually, double DOH!

So we are talking past each other. An Alpha is not a VAX. Different rules apply.

Ignore everything I said unless you are thinking in the context of a VAX. :-)

	Johnny

This is why I like HECNET - instant answers to esoteric questions :)

Which reminds me - anyone have any tips on how to get remote XDM going on OpenVMS VAX 7.3? I can't find the setup files.

Basically, I want to point an XDM client on the laptop at the XDM server on the SIMH machine and get a graphical session that way.

Sampsa

Might this be what you're looking for sir:

http://lakesdev.blogspot.com/2008/09/running-remote-openvms-cde-desktop.html