[HECnet] DECnet performance problems (on TOPS-10)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Aug 31 14:18:25 PDT 2011

(I'll top-post this one...)

SET HOST from a VMS system implies you use CTERM. CTERM is a horrible protocol, and only really works fine between VMS systems. Using it to connect to anything else usually means you can expect all kind of behavior and performance problems.

It might be something else, but I would suspect CTERM as such first and foremost.

	Johnny