[HECnet] LEGATO now connected to MIM

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Mon Dec 26 01:07:07 PST 2011

  I've kept all the Multinet circuits that I had before, and I don't mind
continuing to carry them, although several of them now represent redundant
paths.

Redundancy is good... (as long as managing it cases less network
stability...)

  Speaking of which, does DECnet have anything equivalent to the tracert
program ??

..long lines.. So it querries the NML objects to figure out the
topology, and some nodes, like Mim, don't respond.   DECnet don't have
TTL expire control messages.

NETPTH is on the KLAD-pack, but I don't have the sourcves online (or
knew if I have still have them.)

NETPTH>legato

[Routing path from SOL (59.10) to LEGATO (2.1)]