[HECnet] Area 6 resumes operations

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 23:40:20 PST 2011

Just to let everyone know Area 6 and STAR69:: are back to operational status. I had a power outage a week or so ago and forgot STAR69:: when I powered everything back on owing to the fact it is currently hidden behind a Sun workstation.

Still it's back working again and my bridge is up and working.

Some sad news - since I was running on HECNET last time I lost COWBOX:: , my Cobalt Qube2/PDP-11 emulator - I think the mainboard or power brick is fragged :( I still have all the data on the hard disk so I need to hook it up to STAR69::'s host machine and pull the disk images and config off.

I have a plan to replace it (and then some) with a new project in 2012 which will hopefully result in the smallest, cheapest, most power efficient DEC network ever seen. I will post more plans nearer the time :)

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo