[HECnet] NOTES et al

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Fri Jul 29 14:23:53 PDT 2011

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Mark Benson wrote:

I'll certainly give it a good poking once it's up.
Do you know what language it's scripted in? I'd be interested in further
developing it if I know the language as it's something STAR69 (my VAX
emulator) might come in handy for.

I am not sure what it is written in, but from the documentation I read, I am thinking C of some variant since it lists a C compiler as a requirement.   I have to pull some header files from the NOTES distribution as well pull in some pieces from the OSU web server, so while it does not seem difficult, it will take a bit of time and planning.

Once I have something to test I'll email the list.   NOTES is still running on MISER:: if folks with character-cell (or X) clients would like to connect.

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.