[HECnet] Towards the Mouth of Madness....

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Tue Jul 12 22:09:37 PDT 2011

That was a real surprise for me also. I assumed the only way to talk to IBM machines from the Digital world was the SNA Gateway. In early -90's when I was involved in making a IBM mainframe and the VMS environment (=DECnet) to communicate, there was the SNA Gateway in between.
When the communication was established, it worked fine. No problems that I ever heard of.

It interest me also to find a DECnet implementation for RS/6000. If anyone knows where to find one, please let me know.
I hate to admit (as an oath sworn DECcie) that I have a RS/6000 as a hobbyist system. In fact I have to admit that I do have most other unix platforms as well, because there are many interoperability things I've been exploring over time.

Kari