[HECnet] Towards the Mouth of Madness....

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:08:08 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
So with my long, non-billing Sunday afternoons giving me ideas, I've started to ponder procuring a midrange IBM box, say an AS/400.

How much do these things cost (like say a 93 vintage), weigh and dissipate heat? Also, how do you hook them up?

Sampsa

Hello!
Strangely enough the IBM website should still have information on
them. As for buying one, I suspect there's a good used equipment
broker where you are based.

For my part I was interested in the one that's about the size of a
hardcover book with the PCMCIA interface to the host.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com