[HECnet] House heater anyone?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 23:45:01 PDT 2011

I've been reprogramming a DECserver 90M, and using it to connect to fafner.dyndns.org which is a mighty fine VAX and nicely configured with my kind of software.

Using someone else's machine that is running 24/7 as opposed to your own suddenly feels like you are doing the world a favor by sharing resources, rather than running a machine yourself.

Mind, having said that, the AS1000A+BA356 in the basement needs turning off...

Still, I do like the hum of RHESUS and CHIMPY in the machine room, there's just something so geektastic about all those blinking lights and noises.

So I'm killing the planet, big whoop..

Sampsa