[HECnet] House heater anyone?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Fri Jul 8 22:58:30 PDT 2011

On 8 Jul 2011, at 22:55, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:

My alphaserver 1200 with two 5/533 cpus, 4GB memory and 8 disks internally draws 500 Watts. That's 12 kWhr each day, around    2,5 per day.
A fully loaded 4100 has 4 cpus and draws as much as 650 W (swag).
My monthly power bill is    140 / month. No way I'll run systems 24/7 ever again.
An integrity is not an option I guess.
Hans
Verzonden vanaf mijn draadloze BlackBerry  -toestel

Not for one user I suppose - but if someone wanted to run one, I'd rent a VM off it for a reasonable share of the operating costs..

Sampsa