[HECnet] SCA Disks...

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:48:16 PDT 2011

I have 2 of those AB421A HP disks next to me at work. They are indeed brand new, never opened and the 2 I have are dated as February 2008 so they aren't even all that old! The one I opened to look at is a Seagate ST373455LC. Quoted acoustic noise level is 3.6 Bels (36dB?) which is pretty famed good for a 15krpm drive.

At 60 GBP a pop if these are quiet enough I might grab 2 more. They are half the retail price if a new ST373455LC and you could probably resell the carriers on eBay at a tenner a go if you don't need them :P

Link is in my previous e-mail.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog