[HECnet] Mac terminal issues...

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Jul 3 18:55:29 PDT 2011

At 12:51 PM +0100 7/3/11, Mark Benson wrote:
I use a Mac OS X machine and the native Terminal.app with telnet or SSH to access my OpenVMS boxen. Fior the most par tit works fine with a VT100 terminal emulation to the VMS terminal. I have a problem with EVE however. Mac's do something silly with the numeric keypad, it's locked to numbers (rather than scroll) and the Numlock key doesn't do anything sensible. As a result using the 'GOLD' key and pretty much all the action keys in EVE becomes impossible. Anyone got any suggestions, or am I just going to have to wing it or use my Linux box?

Use X-Windows and modify your keybindings so that they match what VMS expects.   It's a lot harder to do on the Mac, but it is possible.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com                           | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |