[HECnet] Introduction

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 13:19:20 PDT 2011

On 17 Jun 2011, at 12:00, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 17/06/11 11:55, Mark Benson wrote:
Even if you don't recreate the   license database every year, as far as I can see the license file is just a (DCL?) script that runs 'LICENSE REGISTER' for each License you are granted. 5 mins and a decent editor and you could easily create one to rip out each license by name too, right? Can LICENSE do that? I think it can IIRC.

IIRC the issue is when you start getting multiple licenses for the same product name, as you then have to differentiate them by application date/expired status.

There was a DCL procedure on either comp.os.vms or VMS Hobbyist site which you could run against any database and it would remove all expired licenses. That's the lazy approach. I like it ;)

Apparently you can purge history records inthe License Database 9after backing it up, of course) using:

  LICENSE DELETE /STATUS=EXTINCT *

Is that what we were looking for to remove expired licenses?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>