[HECnet] Introduction

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Sat Jun 18 11:35:21 PDT 2011

IP: you need a UCX license or a NET-APP-SUP-250 (or higher number) license loaded.
Next set def sys$manager and
@tcpip$config
Note this assumes that you've installed TCPIP along with VMS. It's an optional item to install like DECnet.
The DEC IP stack supports telnet, ftp and xdm.

Filesystem: yes I understand what you mean. I run two Tru64 unix systems and a linux box and have the same problems with those as you now have with VMS :-)

The two OSes are not that dissimilar even though initial appearances might be deceiving.
Verzonden vanaf mijn draadloze BlackBerry  -toestel