[HECnet] Introduction

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:37:20 PDT 2011

On 17 Jun 2011, at 14:10, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:

There is a file in sys$startup: called DECW$mumble-private-setup.com
Look at the output od SHOW LOGI/SYS DECW* for a llogical name that has refreshrate   in it. Or SHO LOG/EXEC DECW*
In the private setup file enter the line
DEFINE/SYSTEM <logicalname> 60
(Or /EXEC, depending on which table holds the DECW logical names)

Using a combination of what you mentioned, plus some items from the site at:

http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/46

Plus some documentation for a different display card (probably not the best idea) I did this:

COPY SYS$MANAGER:DECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.TEMPLATE SYS$MANAGER:DECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.COM

EDIT SYS$MANAGER:DECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.COM

ADDED:

DECW$REFRESH_RATE == "60"

at the end then SAVED

REBOOTED

The X Server hard crashed the whole OS and it locked in a reboot cycle. I had to enter a conversational boot and overwrite the file with a new copy of the template.

I'm missing something here, clearly.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: