[HECnet] SIMH VAX Project

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Thu Jun 30 10:56:48 PDT 2011

Hi Mark, you do know that one of the symptoms of being a VMS bigot is that unixes look alike :-)
Actually, when I typed the reply I had forgotten which host os it was. NetBSD is pretty easy to install IIRC, had it installed on a VAX and an Alpha. Never did anything with it. These days all vaxes run VMS as do most alphas. Three alphas run Tru64 though.

File not found is a curious error message. It's as if there is a typo in a .conf file in /etc?

/dev/ra0 is a strange name (for me and I know I lead a sheltered life ;-), what kind of hardware is it (1000 Mb/s ethernet perhaps).

Or possibly because /dev/ra0 doesn't exist or cannot be accessed by libpcap (does it need root privs to run)?
Security on BSD distributions is tight, you might need to reduce the security policies on the system. Libpcap turns the ethernet device in promiscuous mode and that may be considered harmful.
Hans
Verzonden vanaf mijn draadloze BlackBerry  -toestel