[HECnet] Can't remember how I'm connected to HECnet

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Thu Mar 3 12:19:35 PST 2011

This is embarrassing.

I've got a DECnet-over-IP connection set up on my SIMH VAX. It had been working, but then I switched firewalls some time back and messed up the configuration so that packets from my VAX were coming from the wrong IP address. I only recently discovered that this was the problem and have now fixed it.

My TCP-0-0 circuit remains in the "-starting" state, so either I've still got something wrong or maybe the other end of the circuit is disabled since I was misconfigured for so long. Another possibility is that the other end's IP address changed and I haven't updated my side.

My problem is that I don't recall who set up the connection for me to be on HECnet.

So, if you've got a DECnet-over-IP connection configured to DUSTY, would you please help me get reconnected... Pretty please? :-)

--Marc