[HECnet] Can't remember how I'm connected to HECnet

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Thu Mar 3 12:59:07 PST 2011

-----Original Message-----   From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE on behalf of Marc Chametzky   Sent: Thu 3/3/2011 15:19   To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE   Subject: [HECnet] Can't remember how I'm connected to HECnet      This is embarrassing.      I've got a DECnet-over-IP connection set up on my SIMH VAX. It had been   working, but then I switched firewalls some time back and messed up the   configuration so that packets from my VAX were coming from the wrong IP   address. I only recently discovered that this was the problem and have   now fixed it.      My TCP-0-0 circuit remains in the "-starting" state, so either I've   still got something wrong or maybe the other end of the circuit is   disabled since I was misconfigured for so long. Another possibility is   that the other end's IP address changed and I haven't updated my side.      My problem is that I don't recall who set up the connection for me to be   on HECnet.      So, if you've got a DECnet-over-IP connection configured to DUSTY, would   you please help me get reconnected... Pretty please? :-)      --Marc      >   >   >      Also check that port 700 is forwarded.      -Steve