[HECnet] Area 54

Peter Coghlan HECNET at beyondthepale.ie
Mon Nov 28 09:57:05 PST 2011

I'd say that you can probably take area 54. I should check with Tore, if
he's still around, but since it hasn't been used in all this time, odds
are that you are free to go.

I knew Tore from the cctech list. In fact I gave him a Vaxstation 3100
which once lived in area 54 - maybe that's why he asked for that area :-)

I haven't seen any communication from Tore for a long time now. Perhaps he
has lost interest and moved on to other things?

Is there anyone in the Italian or Croatian networks using area 54 at the
moment? I don't want to cause any difficulties if these networks become
connected to HECnet.

On the subject of connecting to HECnet, would anyone be interested in being
the other end of a Multinet link to my network? I have a fixed ip address
which is up all the time and at least two of my DECnet capable machines are
running all the time. I think I have all the needed bits and pieces of software
and licenses.

Sounds like we should be able to get you up and running in no time.

Great stuff - thanks.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.