[HECnet] Nodename database

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 12 10:27:35 PST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE]
On Behalf Of Johnny Billquist
Sent: 12 November 2011 16:13
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Nodename database

On 2011-11-12 17.07, Oleg Safiullin wrote:
Weird. I tried setting host from MIM to MIM, loggin in as guest. No
errors.

No idea what the problem could be...?

Something related to connection speed and multiprocessing? :)

Anything is possible... But I would like to figure out how to reproduce it
so that
I can check things out. :-)

btw, i tried to connect from MIM to CTAKAH and found no errors.
I'll try to do more tests...

Same as MIM->MIM.
CTERM is not a good protocol, though, and I would generally recommend
against people using it to connect to MIM, if they have any other choice.
(telnet is way better)

	Johnny

What is the IP address of MIM? Is there a list of IP addresses of HECnet
nodes somewhere?

Regards

Rob